|2 cups flour|
|1/2 cup white sugar|
|3 tsp baking powder|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup Crisco|
|3/4 cup milk (scant)|
|1/2 cup brown sugar|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1/2 cup raisins|
|1/4 cup soft butter|
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in Crisco until fine.
- Beat egg and add milk to egg. Add egg/milk mixture to flour mixture to make dough. Knead 8 times. (Dough can be very sticky - if you place the dough on a thin bed of flour and pat a fine layer of flour onto the top of the dough before beginning to knead it, it will be much easier to work with.)
- Roll out on floured bread board to a 12" x 9" rectangle. (If dough continues to be sticky, sprinkle a very small amount of flour over the top of the dough and also dust your rolling pin with a fine coating of flour to make the dough easier to roll out.)
- Spread softened butter on dough. Spinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins.
- Roll up like a jelly roll and cut into 8 slices. (Coat the knife with flour so you can cut without the dough sticking to the knife.)
- Place cut side down in greased muffin cups and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
A very tasty treat!
I prefer to add more cinnamon than the recipe calls for.
© Copyright 2008-2017, Positive Impressions®. All rights reserved.