|2 tbsp fresh lemon juice|
|2 tbsp light olive oil|
|1/2 tsp salt (optional)|
|1/2 tsp dried rosemary|
|1/2 tsp dried thyme|
|1/4 tsp pepper|
|12 cloves garlic, peeled|
|1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, halved|
|4 carrots, cut into small chunks|
|1/2 lb small mushrooms|
|4 chicken breast halves|
|1 cup chicken stock (can use low-salt instant chicken bouillon packets to make stock)|
- Combine lemon juice, oil, salt, rosemary, thyme and pepper. Set aside.
- In large shallow metal baking pan, toss 2 tbsp of the oil herb mixture together with garlic, potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. Spread out in pan.
- Arrange chicken breasts, skin side up, on top of vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining oil-herb mixture. (Can be prepared to this point and refrigerated up to one day, just let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.)
- Bake uncovered in upper third of oven preheated to 450°F for 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375°F. Bake for 25 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink inside and vegetables are tender.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to heated platter and keep warm in (turned off) oven.
- Add chicken stock to pan and bring to a boil, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Boil until "syrupy" - about 5 minutes.
- Pour over chicken and vegetables and serve.
Per serving: 454 calories; 10 g fat
© Copyright 2008-2017, Positive Impressions®. All rights reserved.