|1/2 sliced fresh strawberries|
|1/4 cup low fat yogurt|
|1/4 cup rolled oat muesli (see recipe below)|
|1 whole strawberry or slice kiwifruit for optional garnish|
|Rolled Oat Muesli Topping|
|1 cup quick cooking rolled oats|
|1/3 cup natural bran (oat or wheat)|
|1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut|
|3 tbsp wheat germ|
|3 tbsp chopped almonds|
|3 tsp ground cinnamon|
- In parfait or sherbert glass, layer 1/2 the strawberries, 1/2 the yogurt and half the muesli. (See below for muesli recipe.)
- Repeat step 1 to create a second layer of all 3 items.
- Top with whole strawberry or kiwifruit slice.
Rolled Oat Muesli Topping
- In bowl, combine all ingredients. Spread onto a large baking plan, i.e. a cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 300°F oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly toasted. Stir occasionally.
- Let cool completely before storing in tightly sealed container. Freezes very well.
Muesli Breakfast Parfait recipe makes one serving: 21 g carbohydrate, 7 g protein, 5 g fat, 4 g fibre, equating to 150 calories.
Rolled Oats Muesli recipe makes six servings. Each serving: 15 g carbohydrate, 5 g protein, 6 g fat, 3 g fibre, equating to 119 calories.
The Muesli Breakfast Parfait is a tasty breakfast treat. It can also serve as a light dessert after lunch or dinner.
The Rolled Oats Muesli stores well in the freezer and can be used as flavourful topping on other foods, such as ice cream, chopped apples or warmed unsweetened apple sauce.
© Copyright 2008-2017, Positive Impressions®. All rights reserved.