|8 large fresh mushrooms|
|1 tbsp balsamic vinegar|
|1 clove garlic, peeled & minced finely|
|1 tsp rosemary leaves|
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|2 tbsp butter|
|1 + 1/2 tsp minced fresh chives|
|dash freshly ground pepper|
|1 tsp lemon juice|
|2 drops worcestershire sauce|
|3 tbsp whole grain bread crumbs|
|8 sea scallops (or 1/4 pound bay scallops)|
|1 tsp finely minced fresh parsley|
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Wipe caps with damp paper towel and place in a flat glass pie plate.
- Mix vinegar, garlic, rosemary and olive oil together in a medium sized bowl. Marinate mushrooms in this mixture for one hour, spooning some of the marinade over the mushrooms. The mushrooms should absorb most of the marinade.
- Melt butter in a small skillet and add all remaining ingredients, except for scallops and parsley. Stir for a few seconds and set aside.
- Place 1 large scallop (or 3 or 4 small ones) in each mushroom cap and spoon a bit of the bread crumb mixture over each one.
- Preheat broiler and broil mushrooms for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsely just before serving. Garnish with additional parsley if desired.
Serves 4, allowing 2 per person as an appetizer.
© Copyright 2008-2017, Positive Impressions®. All rights reserved.