|1/4 cup butter or margarine|
|1 1/4 cups crushed gingersnaps|
|2 x 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened|
|2/3 cup sugar|
|14oz tin of pumpkin pie puree|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1/2 tsp ginger|
|1/2 tsp nutmeg|
|1/2 tsp cinnamon|
- Melt butter in saucepan (or microwave) and stir in the crushed gingersnaps.
- Press into a 9"x9" pan (a springform pan works best).
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes and then cool.
- Beat the sugar into the cream cheese.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add the pumpkin puree, salt and spices and mix well.
- Pour over the cooled, baked crust and bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until firm.
- Chill and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate savings/curls. Best made ahead and garnished with cream just before serving.
This is a very tasty recipe that has always received rave reviews whereever I've taken it.
If you prefer to make this recipe in a 9" or 10" pie plate, you can cut the filling in half, but not the crust.
You can quite easily turn this into another sure fire hit - apple cinnamon caramel cheesecake. Simply replace the pumpkin pie puree with unsweetened apple sauce, omit the ginger and nutmeg and increase the amount of cinnamon to 1 tsp. Just before serving, garnish with caramel sauce (Smuckers brand or equivalent).
© Copyright 2008-2017, Positive Impressions®. All rights reserved.