|2 slices whole wheat bread (day old or better)|
|1 1/2 cups grated old cheddar cheese|
|1 tbsp chopped chives or green onion|
|1 small tin of baby shrimp, thoroughly rinsed and well drained|
|2 large eggs|
|1 cup milk|
|1/4 tsp dry mustard powder|
|dash of tobasco sauce|
|dash of worcestershire sauce|
|pepper, if desired|
- Cube the bread and toss with the cheese and green onion, then add the well-drained, rinsed shrimp. Divide between 2 well-greased 2 cup microwave dishes.
- Lightly whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard powder, tabasco, worcestershire sauce, and pepper (optional). Pour 1/2 of the mixture into each dish, making sure each dish is no more than 2/3 full. Cover and refridgerate overnight*.
- Cover each dish with vented plastic wrap (poke a toothpick through plastic wrap stretched tightly over the dish). Be sure the plastic does not touch the food.
- Microwave at medium power for about 10-12 minutes or until set. If your microwave does not have a turntable, rotate the dishes 3 or 4 times during the cooking process.
- Let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
Serves 2 generously.
*You can make this recipe up in the morning to cook for supper, refrigerating for the day instead of overnight.
You can also use fresh shrimp or cut back on the amount of shrimp. You could probably substitute some other seafood in place of the shrimp.
© Copyright 2008-2017, Positive Impressions®. All rights reserved.