1 tbsp minced white onion
1 small jar of mayonnaise or whipped dressing (light dressing can be used but the flavour isn't quite as sharp)
1 small container of sour cream
1 package of Knorr Swiss dry vegetable soup mix
1 small package of frozen chopped spinach (make sure it's chopped)
1 loaf of round sourdough or rye bread (whichever your preference)
- Thaw the spinach - this takes a while, so allow a few hours. Place the spinach package on a plate or bowl so that water leaking from the package as it thaws is contained.
- Once the spinach is thawed, mix all the ingredients (except the loaf of bread) together. Chill for 3 hours to allow the mixture to thicken and the vegetable flakes from the soup mix to soften.
- Slide the top off the loaf of bread and then hollow out the middle to create a bowl for the spinach mixture. Cut the top and hollowed out parts of the bread into bite sized chunks.
- Place the hollowed out loaf in the center of a platter and fill it with the spinach mixture.
- Arrange the cut pieces of bread around the loaf. Once the cut pieces are gone, slice up the dip-soaked bread bowl.
Just about everyone loves spinach dip, so it's a pretty "safe" dish to serve at any gathering.
But while spinach may be healthy, the other ingredients are not, so even though it tastes great do try not to overindulge.
© Copyright 2008-2017, Positive Impressions®. All rights reserved.