|1 large butternut or acorn squash|
|2 tbsp butter|
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1/2 onion, chopped|
|2 cups diced zucchini|
|2 cups sliced mushrooms|
|6 tbsp light sour cream (approx 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp)|
|1 tbsp dijon mustard|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (preferably old cheddar)|
|Paprika (smoked sweet paprika is especially nice)|
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and place hollowed out squash halves in baking pan, cut side up. Place an equal amount of butter in the hollow of each squash half.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 400°F for about 35 to 40 minutes, until tender.
- While the squash is baking, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and saute garlic, onion, zucchini and mushrooms for about 8 minutes, or until mushrooms have released their liquid and turned golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream mixed with mustard.
- Spoon veggie mixture into hollows of squash halves and top with cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Return to oven for 5 more minutes to melt cheese.
Although this recipe is meatless, it is not truly vegetarian due to the butter, sour cream and cheese.
© Copyright 2008-2017, Positive Impressions®. All rights reserved.