|1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips|
|3 cups fresh (cut up) or frozen vegetable mixture (thawed)|
|1 1/4 cups chicken broth (home made or commercial brand-low sodium)|
|1 tbsp soya sauce (salt reduced)|
|2 tbsp cornstarch|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1/2 tsp ground ginger|
- Combine chicken broth, soya sauce, cornstarch, garlic powder and ginger powder and set aside.
- Heat in large, non-stick skillet (lightly coated with vegetable oil cooking spray) over medium-high heat. Add chicken strips and cook until lightly browned on all sides. Set chicken aside to keep warm. (You can place in oven on low heat.)
- Place vegetables in skillet and stir-fry until just tender-crisp. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add chicken broth mixture to veggies in skillet and heat just to a boil, stirring often.
- Add chicken to skillet and reduce heat to low
- Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through - about 10 minutes.
Per serving: 230 calories, 2 grams fat (0.6 saturdated fat), 66 mg. cholesterol, 21 grams carbohydrates, 443 mg sodium (if using commercial broth), 31 grams protein
Can be served over rice or noodles to extend the meal. However, diabetics should avoid the rice and noodles.
© Copyright 2008-2017, Positive Impressions®. All rights reserved.