|1/4 cup HP sauce|
|2 tbsp brown sugar|
|2 tbsp dry sherry|
|1 tsp grated fresh ginger root|
|1 lb lean pork (i.e. pork tenderloin), cut in strips|
|1 tbsp cornstarch|
|2 tbsp olive oil, divided 1 plus 1|
|2 medium carrots, julienned|
|1 medium onion, sliced|
|250g snow peas, either fresh or frozen and thawed|
|hot cooked rice (brown basmati is very nice)|
- Combine HP sauce, brown sugar, sherry and ginger root. Set aside.
- Coat pork strips with cornstarch.
- In a large wok-type frying pan heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Saute carrots and onion 3-5 minutes or until tender-crisp. If you are using fresh snow peas, then saute them here with the carrots and onion. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to pan and stir fry pork strips until cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in HP sauce mixture and sauteed vegetables. If you are using frozen and thawed snow peas, add them here. Heat through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
♦ Use cooked, frozen shrimp (thawed)
♦ Add a few mushrooms
♦ Cut green beans on the diagonal and use in place of snowpeas
♦ Try regular frozen peas in place of snow peas
© Copyright 2008-2017, Positive Impressions®. All rights reserved.